Most of us probably don’t know what Tahini is exactly, but we should. Tahini is a paste that has been consumed by humans in the Middle East and India for thousands of years. This dish is used in a large number of recipes, and is highly versatile and can be used in many different ways.
There are other reasons to eat Tahini, beyond just how great it goes with other dishes. It is an extremely healthy food that can do you a lot of good. Made from whole sesame seed, it keeps the nutritional benefits of sesame seeds intact. You should try Tahini, for these many benefits:
- First of all, it is incredibly rich in many minerals including iron, potassium and magnesium.
- It is one of the top sources of calcium that you can find today.
- It is also extremely high in Vitamin E, Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5 and B15.
- It promotes healthy cell growth.
- It helps with muscle tone and keeping your skin healthy.
- It is one of the best sources of protein you can find, and actually has a higher amount of protein than nuts.
- Your body can digest it easily, which makes it great for people with digestive problems.
- It is high in the good fat of unsaturated fat.
- It is a good source of Methionine, which is important for the liver and its detoxification of harmful things in the body.
- If you are worried about being anaemic, consuming Tahini can help prevent that.
If you are thinking of cooking it, there are many ways that you can do it.
You can have it as a dressing in your salad for one, or you can mix it into the stir-fry that you are cooking up. Add some avocados and mash them into the Tahini and you have a great dip. You can also mix it with garlic and chickpeas.
Written by: Yehudith Girshberg