Tahini is an incredibly healthy food that can help your body in a number of ways. Loaded with vitamins and nutrients, it helps the skin, your heart and much more. Long story short, you should be making tahini a part of your regular diet but what can you use it in? Well, as it turns out that beyond hummus, there are a lot of places where you can have tahini. Just adding a little bit of tahini can go a long way in helping you live a better and healthier life.
- First, you can use tahini as a dressing on salads. This is a very common use for it and it gives you an extra shot of healthy because you are also eating good greens, vegetables and fruits.
- Mix some Tahini in with chickpeas for a loaded meal full of protein and vital minerals for the body.
- Create a coleslaw that uses tahini instead of the normal ingredients. Add in some ginger, cut up pepper and crunchy peanuts and you have a great tahini-slaw to enjoy.
- Ever had a Shawarma? This classic Middle Eastern dish actually uses tahini on a regular basis. It can be added in with the yogurt and fresh lemon juice, along with the usual items of lettuce, tomatoes and chicken, to create a great meal.
- Try the classic noodle dish of sesame noodles. Tahini is added in to the traditional peanut butter that makes the noodle dish truly work.
- Who doesn’t love devilled eggs? Well, did you know that you can replace the traditional mayonnaise with the much healthier alternative of hummus mixed with tahini? You can, and it tastes amazing.
- Sweet potato hummus is a very healthy food you can try which involves roasting sweet potatoes, and replacing chickpeas with hummus and tahini as the base for the dish.
If you are going to go healthy with tahini, there are many alternatives. Just make sure you buy organic.
Written by: Yehudith Girshberg